Terms of service and guidelines for DePaul University's Events Calendar
The DePaul events calendar aims to inform the DePaul community about events and activities of interest. Please respect the rules of our site. We reserve the right to exclude or remove any submissions that do not comply. Following you'll find our guidelines and terms of service for event submissions by non-DePaul groups and organizations. If you have any questions about this site or its use, please email email@example.com.
Guidelines for Event Submission by Non-DePaul Entities
If your group or organization has an upcoming special event that may be of interest to the DePaul community, you may submit that event for consideration for our calendar. Use the “Add Event” function on the calendar; your event will automatically be sent to a moderator for consideration. Please be sure that the information you submit is accurate. If your event changes, please send the revised details immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that DePaul reserves the right to decline any submission, that allowing a submission does not imply endorsement by the university, and that the university is not responsible for the accuracy of information submitted by non-DePaul entities.
In some cases, DePaul must decline certain types of submissions so that it does not violate federal or state regulations or university policies. These include any political events or activities not hosted by the university.
In order to ensure space for special community-focused events, we also may decline submissions for:
- Retail promotions, such as sales and open houses
- Hosted events that involve sales to attendees, i.e., a cookware or storage container party
- Routine religious services
- Theatre, musical or performance events, i.e., theatre schedules, band appearances at area clubs
- Personal social gatherings
Some examples of events that may be appropriate for inclusion in the calendar are:
- Farmer's markets
- Street fairs or festivals
- Free days or special events at cultural or civic organizations
Terms of Service
If you use and/or post events to this calendar, you are agreeing to comply with the following terms of service, which together with all DePaul policies govern our relationship with you on our site. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term DePaul or 'us' or 'we' refers to DePaul University, the owner of the website, whose registered office is at 1 E. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604, USA. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms of service:
- The content on this website is for your general information only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Outside events that comply with the guidelines below will be considered for posting to this website. DePaul is not required to post any submission. Allowing an event listing does not constitute endorsement by DePaul.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).