DePaul Community Guidelines
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns. Our goal is to provide a community where friends of the university can share content, ideas and experiences and find helpful information. To keep the site fun and lively, we ask that you respect the rules of this social media site as well as our rules below. We reserve the right to remove posts that don’t comply.
Be respectful. If you know DePaul, you know that the university is committed to Vincentian respect for the dignity of others and to the civil and thoughtful discussion of opposing ideas. It’s OK to voice a complaint or disagree with another post, but please do so in a polite and constructive manner. Obscenities, personal attacks, and defamatory comments about any person, group, organization or belief will be removed.
Be accurate. Please know your facts before you post. We will correct or remove factual errors.
Focus on DePaul, and don’t spam. Please keep your posts relevant to DePaul and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. Don’t use this site to promote businesses, causes or political candidates.
If you are part of the DePaul community, it’s OK to post a link to your DePaul-based group, or to invite community members to vote for you in an online contest—as long as you don’t do it every week. Excessive posts will be removed.
Fans of DePaul’s social media sites voted overwhelmingly that posts by non-DePaul organizations should be deleted. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Discounts offered to DePaul students, alumni or employees (see next section)
- Promotions for non-DePaul events
- Rental housing ads
- Promotions by non-DePaul organizations, including political, religious and activist groups
Post in the right spot. DePaul sponsors many social media sites. To make sure your post is a good fit, visit depaul.edu/smashup. For example:
- Posts about job openings or by recruiters in general are best for the Alumni or Career Center communities
- Vendors who wish to offer the DePaul community a discount should contact Procurement.
- To promote a rental opening, contact email@example.com
Protect your privacy. Your comments are visible to all. Never include your phone number, e-mail address or other personal information in a post. If you want individual follow-up, send a message through the site to a page administrator.
DePaul is not responsible for the content of any website outside of the depaul.edu domain. The inclusion of any non-DePaul link, whether by a DePaul employee or anyone posting on the site, does not imply endorsement by DePaul of that website.
Posts by page administrators will appear next to the official page icon. Any other comments on the site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and positions of DePaul University. You are legally responsible for the comments you post.
Your commitment. By posting any comments, links or other material on DePaul-sponsored websites, you give DePaul University (“DePaul”) the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by DePaul in its sole discretion.
- Post ads or solicitations of business.
- Post the same note more than once ("spam").
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
If you have any questions about this site, please send a message to the site administrators.