DePaul's president, the Rev. Francis Xavier McCabe, C.M., was transferred to another post (see 1910). The Rev. Thomas F. Levan, C.M., succeeded him as the fourth DePaul president in April (see 1989, 1976).
DePaul had 539 total alumni.
The nickname Blue Demons first appeared in print. The name evolved from "D-men," the term for DePaul athletes, who had a large'D' on their blue letter sweaters. (See 1900, 1901.)
The DePaul Poll Parrot was renamed the DePaulia and the editorial content refocused on news.
The ground was broken for a Liberal Arts and Sciences Building (renamed Thomas Levan Center in 1976) on Osgood Street (now Kenmore Avenue) on April 18. Students began classes in the new building in September.