The Rev. Francis V. Corcoran, C.M., was named the fifth DePaul president in June, succeeding the Rev. Thomas F. Levan, C.M. (see 1920, 1935).
The School of Music moved downtown from the Lyceum Building. The Liberal Arts and Sciences library and executive offices moved to the Lyceum Building. The executive offices remained in the Lyceum and at 64 E. Lake St. for 28 years.
The Drama Department was organized.
Total alumni exceeded 2,700.
The first issue of "The DePaul Alumni" was published in October. A quarterly, it was the first university publication directed to an audience other than students.