DePaul had a track and athletic field at Belden and Sheffield, future home of Alumni Hall and now the Student Center.
The total number of alumni exceeded 14,750.
Construction began on Faculty Hall (see 1952) in September. It was the first piece of the building and expansion plan developed by DePaul's president, the Rev. Comerford J. O'Malley, C.M., and Board of Lay Trustees.
Faculty Hall, 2233 N. Kenmore Ave., a 35-room residence for members of the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians) was dedicated Nov. 29. It was the first new construction on campus in 14 years. Previously, the Vincentians lived in the Vincentian Residence. (See 1904.)
"Chicken fights" were popular in the 1950s.