1990

Enrollment reached 15,718. Alumni totaled more than 90,000.
Alumni, Students

Students outside of McGaw Hall in 1991 (photo courtesy University Marketing Communications).

The Center for Urban Education was established at the Lincoln Park Campus to better prepare individuals for teaching in Chicago schools. A $350,000 gift from the AT&T Foundation enabled the university to coordinate and expand its many partnership programs with Chicago public schools.
Academics

St. Vincent's Church became the College Building when St. Vincent's College opened in 1898 (photo courtesy DePaul Archives).

The International Human Rights Law Institute was founded in the College of Law, the first such center in the Midwest.
Academics


1991

DePaul purchased the landmark Goldblatt building at 333 S. State St. from the City of Chicago for $1 million in September. The university spent $70 million to renovate the 11-story structure (renamed the DePaul Center) for university, retail and commercial use by September, 1993. As part of the package, DePaul established the $2.5 million "Mayor of Chicago Leadership 2000 Scholarship Program" to provide scholarships to Chicago residents who continue doing community service work while at DePaul.
Facilities

This building was slated for destruction before DePaul purchased it (photo courtesy DePaul Archives).

The Center for International Business was established to train central European business leaders in a free-market economy. It offered academic courses in business, conducted research studies, offered training programs and arranged for internships in the Chicago area.
Academics