The Art, Media, and Design program will expand your artistic development through a broad-based education in studio art practice. Learn the historical and creative possibilities of visual culture through a curriculum that emphasizes conceptual thinking, creative problem solving and the development of specific skills using various mediums.
Depending on your interest, you’ll spend time in dark rooms, computer graphics laboratories, wood and metal working shops, and studios for sculpture, printmaking, design, painting and drawing.
- Digital tools for visual thinkers
- Two/three/four-dimensional foundations
- Art and artists in contemporary culture
- Color theory and application
- Experimental video art
- Studio Art: painting, drawing, graphic art, sculpture, digital imaging
- Photography and Media Art: photography, graphic art, video
- Graphic Art: two-dimensional forms, drawing, digital and web-based art