To inquire about this program:
Admission Office | 312-362-8300
In the Network Technologies program, you will learn the theory and practice of designing, deploying and managing both wired and wireless network technologies.
As a Network Technologies major, you will gain expertise in:
- Protocols and services that enable Internet and LAN services
- Design and management of local and wide area networks
- Network security
- Voice and data network convergence through VoIP technologies
- Wireless networks (WiFi, WiMAX, Cellular and 3G)
The Network Technologies program offers two concentrations:
- Standard Concentration
- Network Security Concentration
The Standard concentration is designed for students who plan to pursue a career in network design, system management, service deployment or product/vendor evaluation. Courses focus on:
- Device configuration
- Network design
- Network technologies
The Network Security concentration is designed for students who plan to pursue a career in network security, security administration or security infrastructure design. Courses focus on:
- Best practices in security design
- Network security technologies
- Security management
You will gain hands-on experience by working with network devices and servers in lab facilities focused on enterprise networks, security and multimedia network services.
We also offer a combined Bachelor's/Master's of Network Technologies degree, which allows you to complete a bachelor's degree and a graduate degree in Network Technologies in five years.