DePaul is honored to serve veterans and active-duty members of the United States military and their dependents. We invite you to explore your options to help fund your educational pursuits at DePaul using your Tuition Assistance (TA) Program benefits through the Department of Defense (DOD).
The Office of Student Accounts at DePaul coordinates the processing for your TA benefits. Counselors are available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding TA benefits, VA education benefits or traditional financial aid programs. We are here to help.
Eligible Tuition Assistance Programs
The following list represents the different branches of the military that offer tuition assistance to active-duty members. DePaul University will work with you to utilize your benefits to pursue your educational goals, as well as to work with students who transition from TA to GI Bill® education benefits.
- Air Force
- Air Force Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Reserve
- Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Navy Reserve
How Do I Apply?
As an active-duty service member, you should reach out to your Educational Services Officer (ESO) to begin the application process for Tuition Assistance.
How Are TA Benefits Processed at DePaul?
- Apply for TA through your branch of service.
- Submit your TA voucher to Delores Shipp in the Student Accounts Office prior to the tuition due date for the term for which you are requesting benefits.
- Upon receipt of the TA voucher, your tuition account will be coded “third party payment plan” which will prevent your account from becoming delinquent for the approved amount.
- In the event you make a change to your enrollment, you must contact your ESO to request revised TA.
- After grades are posted, DePaul will bill your branch of service for the benefit amount.
If you have general questions about using Tuition Assistance benefits at DePaul, please contact DePaul’s Third Party Administrator Delores Shipp
, at (312) 362-8391.
If you are planning to use TA combined with any other education benefit, are transitioning from TA to GI Bill® education benefits, or wish to explore additional financial aid options, please contact DePaul's VA Coordinator Megan Burda
, at (312) 362-8092.
Other Resources for Veterans
DePaul FAQ on the GI Bill®
Department of Veteran Affairs
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)