The DePaul Admission Partnership Program (DAPP) is a transfer preparation program designed for students beginning their college education at a community college. It is a great way to make sure that you are taking the right courses for your degree by mapping out a path to your selected major.
By participating, you’ll be able to:
Plan ahead. Map out courses at your community college and DePaul for a smooth transfer process.
- Pay lower tuition rates. Take advantage of the lower tuition rates at your community college for up to two years (66 semester hours).
- Work with our admission counselors now. Receive guidance, meet them on your community college campus and attend special events.
- Earn two degrees. Earn an associate’s degree from your community college and a bachelor’s degree from DePaul.
- Attend special events and workshops.
Upcoming DAPP Events
Join us at one of our DAPP events to find out more about the benefits of DAPP.
For Prospective DAPP Participants
Meet DePaul admission counselors and learn how to choose your community college courses with confidence, knowing exactly how they will meet your DePaul degree requirements. You will also have the opportunity to join DAPP, and take the first step to transferring to DePaul.
- Wednesday, February 10: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., Joliet Junior College
- Wednesday, February 17: 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., Elgin Community College
- Wednesday, March 9: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., Kennedy King College
- Tuesday, March 15: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., College of DuPage
- Tuesday, April 5: 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., Harper College
- Wednesday, April 13: 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., McHenry County College
For Current DAPP Participants
DAPP Presents: Financial Aid Fitness
Come hear from staff members from our Office of Financial Aid and our Financial Fitness program. Learn about Financial Aid at DePaul, how to create a budget for student life and which options are available to pay for school. They'll also answer other important questions you might have about transferring to DePaul.
Please check back soon for Spring 2016 dates.
How to Join DAPP
To join DAPP, you must apply and be enrolled in a partner community college.
Complete the transfer application. Indicate your major, date you intend to enroll at DePaul (one to three years out) and interest in DAPP.
Apply before completing 30 semester/45 quarter hours of credits and as early as possible.
Notify your current school of your intent to participate when meeting with your community college academic advisor.
If you’ve already submitted your application and did not indicate your interest in DAPP but now would like to, please submit this form.
As a DAPP student, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment at your community college, taking at least two courses per term (except for summer)
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Submit transcripts at the end of each term. Bring unofficial transcripts to your regular appointments with your DePaul counselor. (A final official transcript must be submitted at the time of transfer.)
- Enroll at DePaul within three years of initial participation in DAPP.
- Be in good standing, at your community college and at the time of admission to DePaul.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I be a DAPP participant?
You must transfer within three years for degree requirements to remain the same. Students are encouraged to complete the associate degree prior to transferring and may transfer up to 66 semester hours of credit.
Do I need to be a full-time student to be in DAPP?
Yes, or very close to full-time, in order for you to complete your associate degree within the three year limit.
Are all programs/majors at DePaul available for DAPP?
Not all programs are eligible; please speak to your transfer advisor for more information.
Why do I need to complete the transfer application if I do not plan to attend DePaul for another two or three years?
By completing the application we will know that you are a DAPP student. We can provide you with a path to your degree, lock in your degree requirements, invite you special events and keep you informed of special services and updated information about your program.
What student services will be available?
As a DAPP student you will have access to DePaul University workshops, tours, information sessions, special campus events, on a scheduled basis.
What scholarships are available to DAPP students?
All DAPP students who meet the eligibility requirements will receive a $3,000/year DAPP scholarship. Please see the DAPP Scholarship page for more details. Phi Theta Kappa scholarship information can be found directly on our Transfer Scholarship Application.
Is there additional financial aid available?
Yes, for further information please contact the Financial Aid office.
I will be staying at my community college longer than planned. How do I update my application?
Call us at (312) 362-8300 or email at DAPP@depaul.edu.