Certificate In Performance
The purpose of the program is to provide an intensive post-master’s degree performance experience for a small number of highly accomplished performers. Entry into the program is based on evidence of ability to be successful in post-graduate level performance study. Other criteria include:
- Completion of a Master of Music in performance degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- An entrance audition which demonstrates performance ability at the post-master’s level.
- Voice applicants must demonstrate competence in Italian, French and German diction by audition and written IPA exam.
There are two primary components to the certificate in performance program. First, applied music (private instruction), and second, related studies. Related study will often consists of participation in the appropriate ensembles and additional academic classes in the School of Music. The course requirements for the certificate in performance appear below:
- Applied Music (24 credits)
- Related Study (12 credits)
- Recital (0 credits)