The Human Resource Management Concentration fully prepares individuals to assume HR responsibilities in a variety of organizational settings. HR professionals add value to their organizations when they understand how the business operates and adapt HR activities to changing business conditions.
The HR concentration is designed to help HR professionals contribute to organizational goals, employee performance, and employee satisfaction via the understanding and application of:
- Legal and ethical principles that are related to human resource activities
- Fair and accurate staffing procedures to attract, hire and fire employees
- Efficient and equitable pay and benefits that attract, retain and motivate employees
- Training and development programs for personal & organizational growth
- Employee relations skills for teamwork, empowerment and conflict resolution