Introductory courses may be waived for any of the following conditions:
- The student has the appropriate course work to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student has appropriate and verified professional experience to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student passes a Graduate Assessment Examination (GAE) in the Introductory Course area.
Students currently taking Foundation Courses may register for a maximum of four Advanced Courses. To take full advantage of the collaborative learning environment, students taking online courses are highly encouraged to take PM 440 (Collaborative Technologies) early in the program. PM 440 counts as an HCI elective.
Major Elective Courses
Students must complete 4 elective courses from the lists below:
Non-HCI Electives open to all HCI students
CDM Open Electives
Students must complete 1 advisor-approved CDM elective. Elective courses are in the range of 421-699 and must be from the College of CDM.
Students in this degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours in addition to any required introductory courses of the designated degree program.
- Complete all graduate courses and requirements listed in the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of B- or better in each introductory course of the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all courses beyond the introductory courses of the designated degree program.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pursuing a second master's degree must complete a minimum of *52 graduate credit hours beyond their first designated degree program in addition to any required introductory courses in their second designated degree program.
*53 graduate credit hours required for MS Information Systems.
Students with a GPA of 3.9 or higher will graduate with distinction.
For DePaul's policy on repeat graduate courses and a complete list of academic policies see the DePaul Graduate Handbook.