Core Curriculum Courses: 32 quarter hours (8 courses) required, grade of C or better required
Electives: 8 quarter hours (2 courses) required, grade of C or better required
2 Master’s-level courses, chosen from any of the following COE programs (in consultation with CS faculty advisor)
- Curriculum Studies (CS)
- Administration and Supervision (A&S)
- Social and Cultural Studies Graduate (SCG)
- Bilingual and Bicultural Education (BBE)
- Teaching and Learning (T&L)
- Literacy and Specialized Instruction (LSI)
- Elementary or Early Childhood Education (T&L)
Social and Cultural Studies Courses: 8 quarter hours (2 courses) required, grade of C or better required
Master of Arts (M.A.) Degree Requirements: 4 quarter hours, grade of C or better required
The Master’s Thesis is completed in conjunction with faculty advisement. Preparation for the writing of the Thesis should begin well in advance of the completion of coursework. Oral examination on Thesis required. Consult the M.A. Thesis Handbook for additional information.
Students must maintain a 3.0 average or higher to continue in the program. Any grade below a C will not count for credit toward completion of the program.