The hospitality industry has an ongoing need for managers skilled in the science and art of forecasting demand. Similar to the tactics of the airlines in pricing and seat allocation, Revenue Management is a business practice that applies theories of pricing and statistics to patterns of lodging room sales and advance reservations. Knowledge of pricing theory, trend analysis, distribution channels, and customer relationship management (CRM) are key tenets. The minor in Revenue Management is available only to students in the Driehaus College of Business.
To declare a minor in Revenue Management, a Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.500
- A minimum Hospitality Leadership grade point average of 2.000
- No grades of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Hospitality Leadership (HSP) course
- Completion of HSP 100 or HSP 201 with a minimum grade of C- in each
A Driehaus student minoring in Revenue Management is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 22.0 hours:
- Five required courses:
- One elective course to be chosen from:
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Hospitality Leadership (HSP) courses and any other courses used toward the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- (or PA where specified) and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.