Career Week 2013: Move Up, Move On, Move Forward
Mark your calendars for Career Week 2013, which takes place Sunday, Feb. 17, through Friday, Feb. 22, at DePaul. This annual event offers networking sessions, workshops and career-building opportunities for the experienced professional, as well as those transitioning between jobs. Participants can learn strategies to launch or advance their careers, gain tips on developing leadership skills and explore job resources, among other offerings.
To kick off Career Week 2013, Eric Hellige (CMN ’05), career services manager at Careerbuilder.com, will discuss job seeker best practices, including building an online brand, during the Keynote Brunch on Feb. 17. Career Week activities are open to alumni and adult DePaul students, including graduate and Continuing and Professional Education students. Since the inception of Career Week in 2008, the program has grown steadily, engaging greater numbers of alumni and students each year. In 2012, hundreds of individuals participated in 37 Career Week events, which were hosted by 19 different departments. Events are free to attend and occur on the Lincoln Park, Loop and suburban campuses, as well as via webinar and teleconference.
To get ready for Career Week 2013, tune in to the Alumni Career Conference Call on Wednesday, Jan. 9. This teleconference will provide an overview of the opportunities and resources available during Career Week 2013. Please visit the events calendar section at alumni.depaul.edu/events to register for the conference call.
Career Week registration opens in mid-January. Visit careerweek.depaul.edu for more information.
Alumni Board Announces New Members
DePaul University welcomed four new members to the Alumni Board on July 1. Christina Butler (LAS ’05), Elizabeth Gilfillan (MED ’07), Michael McKeon (EDU ’04) and Nick Romo (BUS ’05) were each elected to three-year terms.
Members and officers of the Alumni Board work closely with the Office of Alumni Relations to enhance the connection of DePaul graduates to the university community. In addition to their committee responsibilities, board members attend alumni events and activities, stay current on university news and initiatives, and act as enthusiastic ambassadors for DePaul.
Applications for board membership will be accepted during winter 2013. To access the application or learn more about the Alumni Board and its current members, visit alumni.depaul.edu/about/AlumniBoard.aspx.
The following alumni gave their generous support to DePaul University from May 2012 through August 2012.
$100,000 to $499,999
- Estate of John R. Vogrin (BUS ’55, MBA ’67), Ann and Joseph Vogrin Endowed Scholarship
$50,000 to $99,999
- Estate of William T. Brannen (CSH ’58), William T. Brannen Endowed Scholarship
- Richard C. Dunsay (JD ’64) and Dr. Anita Artstein-Dunsay, Richard C. Dunsay and Dr. Anita Artstein-Dunsay Endowed Scholarship
- Terry J. Kenney (BUS ’80), KPMG Professorship, KPMG Endowed Scholarship
- Howard A. Sulkin (DHL ’90) and Connie Sulkin, Howard and Connie Sulkin Endowed Scholarship
- Mary R. Zavada (LAS MA ’59) and John M. Zavada, Jr., Eva Sobala Memorial Endowed Scholarship
$25,000 to $49,999
- Russ Bach (MUS ’58, MM ’60) and Mary Ellen Brumbach, School of Music Performing Arts Capital Campaign
- Dr. Barry J. Epstein (BUS ’67) and Paula L. Epstein, Helene Ramanauskas-Marconi Endowed Scholarship in the School of Accountancy
- Michael J. Evans (BUS ’91) and Colleen Evans, Department of Finance Advisory Board, DePaul University General Scholarship
- David G. Franckowiak (BUS ’85, MAC ’85) and Jean A. Franckowiak (CSH ’85), Ledger & Quill
- Kenton J. Klaus (BUS ’82), Center for Students with Disabilities
- Vito Mitria (BUS ’85), Richard H. Driehaus College of Business Endowed Scholarship
New Planned Gifts
The following alumni indicated that they will support DePaul University through a planned or estate gift of $25,000 or more.
- Patricia A. Mendell (BUS ’44) and James R. Mendell
- George L. Ruff (BUS ’74) and Tanya S. Ruff
- Robert Shook (GSD ’72) and Leslie Shook
DePaul Pride Around the World
Whether climbing mountains in Utah, sampling dim sum in China or observing the remarkable wildlife of the Galápagos Islands, DePaul alumni traveled the globe this summer. Though their journeys took them far from DePaul’s urban campus, many alumni brought a piece of their alma mater with them.
Do you have a photo that shows your DePaul pride? Please send the image to email@example.com with your name and the location where the photo was taken. High-resolution images preferred.
Take Your Seat and Support The Theatre School
The creation of a new facility for The Theatre School was a key priority of the Many Dreams, One Mission Campaign, and this highly anticipated project is now nearing completion. DePaul’s talented artists will soon hone their craft in a theatre space befitting The Theatre School’s national reputation. Alumni and friends are invited to support The Theatre School Capital Campaign and secure a permanent place in this facility through the gift of a named seat.
A limited number of seats are available in both the thrust theatre and the Healy Theatre at multiple giving levels. In recognition of your gift, a plaque bearing your name will be permanently affixed to your seat. Don’t miss this opportunity to make your gift and become a lasting part of this transformative space that will inspire generations of students and audiences.
Make your gift online by visiting alumni.depaul.edu/TakeYourSeat.