The following alumni gave their generous support to DePaul University from September 2012 through January 2013.
- John L. Keeley Jr. (DHL ’11) and Barbara Geary-Keeley, The Driehaus College of Business Trading Room Endowment
$500,000 to $999,999
- Estate of John D. (BUS ’68) and Betty J. Cologna, John D. Cologna and Betty J. Cologna Endowed Scholarship
$100,000 to $499,999
- Edward M. Burke Sr. (LAS ’65, JD ’68) and Anne M. Burke (SNL ’76, DHL ’05), Edward M. Burke Sr. and Anne M. Burke Endowed Scholarship in the College of Law, Edward M. Burke Sr. and Anne M. Burke Endowed Scholarship in the School for New Learning
- Philip H. Corboy Sr. (dec.) and Family, John Randolph Block Endowed Scholarship
- Arthur M. Friedman (JD ’63), Arthur and Franky Friedman Endowed Scholarship
- Stacy R. Janiak (BUS ’92) and Jeffrey T. Janiak (BUS ’92), Janiak Family Endowed Scholarship
- Younghee Jin Ottley (JD ’82) and Bruce L. Ottley, Law Scholarship, Law School Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Dr. Steven C. Rubinow (CDM MS ’86) and Marlene S. Rubinow, Dr. Steven C. Rubinow Endowed Scholarship
- William D. Smithburg (BUS ’60) and Maria Smithburg, William D. Smithburg Endowed Scholarship
- Estate of John R. Vogrin (BUS ’55, MBA ’67), Ann and Joseph Vogrin Endowed Scholarship
$50,000 to $99,999
- Philip H. Corboy Jr. (JD ’77) and Margaret Corboy, Fund for Law
- Emma “Dolly” Dieter (CSH ’59), Mary Christine Mickelson Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Daniel J. Doherty (BUS ’85) and Laurie L. Doherty, KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- Michael Grillaert (BUS ’75) and Joan Grillaert, KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- Christine M. Kachinsky-Bye (BUS ’93, MST ’97), KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- David Marino (BUS ’84, MAC ’84), KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- John J. Moran (BUS ’79, MBA ’88) and Kathleen A. Moran, KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- Patricia J. Parson (SNL ’78), Patricia Mason Parson Endowed Scholarship
- Robert P. Steele (CSH ’67, JD ’77) and Carol N. Steele, Waddell and Lillian Steele Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- William Tomazin Jr. (BUS ’84, MAC ’84) and Charlene Tomazin, KPMG Endowed Scholarship, KPMG Professorship
- William J. Zink (BUS ’70, MST ’77) and Kathleen A. Zink, Kathleen A. and William J. Zink Endowed Scholarship in the Master of Science in Taxation Program
$25,000 to $49,999
- Joseph M. Adams Sr. (BUS ’77, MBA ’79) and Cheryl J. Adams, McGladrey Endowed Scholarship
- James Barnash (LAS ’77) and Kathy Johnson, Barnash Family Endowed Scholarship
- John C. Bird (BUS ’93, MST ’99), McGladrey Endowed Scholarship
- Jerome F. Cataldo (MBA ’84) and Lori M. Cataldo, Hostmark Hospitality Group Endowed Scholarship
- Stephen F. Crane (MBA ’80) and Gayle Colver Crane, Department of Finance Advisory Board Fund, Finance Advisory Board Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas J. Dammrich (BUS ’74, MBA ’78, MSA ’85) and Carol M. Dammrich (CSH ’76), Thomas and Carol Dammrich Faculty Innovation Award
- James Maurer (BUS ’85) and Teri Maurer, Grant Thornton Endowed Scholarship
- Herbert J. Marros (BUS ’81), Department of Finance Advisory Board Fund, Finance Advisory Board Endowed Scholarship
- Paul Nockels (BUS ’92) and Sharon Nockels, McGladrey Endowed Scholarship
- The Honorable Gregory M. O'Brien (LAS ’73, JD ’77), Honorable Gregory M. O’Brien Endowed Award
- Brian D. Ruben (BUS MS ’96) and Danielle Z. Ruben, Deloitte Endowed Faculty Fellowship
- Gerald W. Shea (LAW ’60) and Courtney C. Shea, Gerald W. Shea and Joanne Sevcik Shea Endowed Scholarship
New Planned Gifts
The following alumni indicated that they will support DePaul University through a planned or estate gift of $25,000 or more.
- Thomas P. Conrardy (BUS ’54) and Kathleen B. Conrardy
- Peter Gerame (MBA ’72) and Susan Gerame
- George P. Knepper (BUS ’62) and Donna Jean Knepper
Alumni Hear From Experts During Career Week
In February, the sixth annual Career Week sparked conversations among alumni, graduate and adult students, and speakers from the professional development field. Participants attended workshops and sessions on the Loop, Lincoln Park and suburban campuses, as well as via teleconference. Experts addressed a wide range of topics throughout the week, including “The 21st Century Workforce,” “Utilize Your Alumni Network” and “Job Search at the Next Level with LinkedIn.”
Career Week showcases some of DePaul’s best attributes. The annual event gives representatives from across the university the chance to collaborate on strategy, planning and implementation. For participants, Career Week offers opportunities to engage in meaningful self-reflection and personal growth. “The Career Week committee works diligently to establish a calendar of quality events,” says Rachel Clark, assistant director of alumni relations. “We strive to deliver events that not only educate participants, but also leave a lasting impression on their journeys to career success.”
Alumni who couldn’t make it to Career Week can still take advantage of many professional resources, events and programs offered year-round. Most recently, Alumni Career Services added twice-weekly Gchat sessions for DePaul graduates seeking answers to basic career-related questions. Whether you’re uncertain about appropriate attire for an interview or have a query regarding best practices in networking, career specialists are on hand to offer assistance.
Career specialists are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Gchat username dpalumni.acs. To connect with Alumni Career Services via Gchat, download the Google Talk Gchat application at google.com/talk. For more advanced career assistance, alumni should contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or (800) 437-1898.
Volunteer for Reunion Weekend 2013
Each year, DePaul alumni return to campus for an exciting slate of Reunion Weekend activities, events and celebrations. Reunion Weekend 2013 will take place from Friday, Oct. 18, to Sunday, Oct. 20, at various venues in Chicago. While graduates from any year are welcome to attend the festivities, Reunion Weekend will honor especially those alumni from class years ending in “3” or “8.”
Reunion Weekend wouldn’t be possible without the hard work and support of enthusiastic volunteers. Serving on a reunion class committee is a great way to connect with old friends, reach out to former classmates and help ensure the weekend’s success.
For more information or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.437.1898.
DePaul Pride Around the World
DePaul alumni live, work and travel all over the world. From the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland to the Great Wall of China to stateside hikes in California, alumni bring an adventurous spirit and their DePaul pride wherever they go.
Do you have a photo that shows your DePaul spirit? Please send the image to email@example.com with your name and the location where the photo was taken. High-resolution images preferred.