Following is a list of degree completion/graduation requirements that may not be waived under any circumstances.
Complete the minimum number of credit hours required for the declared program of study. The minimum required credit hours are:
- 52 graduate credit hours for most M.S. degrees
- 64 graduate credit hours for the M.F.A. degrees in Cinema and Screenwriting
- 79 graduate credit hours for the M.F.A. degree in Animation
- 60 graduate credit hours beyond a master's degree for the Ph.D. degree
Earn a minimum cumulative GPA:
- Master's and M.F.A. degrees require a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- A Ph.D. degree requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
Satisfy all program specific GPA requirements. See program descriptions for details.
Students pursuing a second (or more) graduate degree may not double count or retake any course that applied toward the completion of a prior graduate degree. If a required course in the second degree was already completed and applied toward a previous degree, the student must meet with a faculty advisor to discuss a new course to be completed and substituted in the new degree. This rule also applies to cross-listed courses, which are considered to be the same course but offerend under different subjects.
Ph.D. and M.F.A. graduates must obtain final approval for degree conferral from the designated review committees. Students should consult their faculty advisors regarding this approval.
In addition, students must successfully complete all degree requirements as listed on the program pages of the catalog under which they were admitted.