Registration in Courses in Other Colleges or Schools
College of Communication graduate students may be permitted to register for graduate-level courses offered in other colleges or schools of the university after appropriate consultation and approval, including:
- Submitting written email approval from instructor of the outside course for the CMN student to take the desired course as an elective. Student must submit this approval to graduate advisor.
- Once received, the graduate program director or graduate advisor must give final approval that the outside elective will count towards degree completion requirements. The graduate advisor can assist with registration, if necessary.
Non- College of Communication Student Course Registration
Students who are not enrolled in a CMN graduate program may register for courses if they email the instructor for permission. Student must forward the email stating instructor approval to CMN graduate advisor. Once received, the CMN graduate advisor will help the student register for the class.
All graduate students who will use the facilities of the university (library, laboratory, etc.) or who will consult with faculty members regarding theses, projects, or comprehensive examinations, must be officially registered in each quarter.
Important Tips for Registration
- Check your Holds and To-Dos frequently by signing in to Campus Connection. Please resolve them as soon as possible, as some may affect your ability to register.
- Our online Learning Center with Campus Connection will help you make full use of new and updated tools for registration.
- Familiarize yourself with the Academic Calendar, which includes critical academic and financial deadlines.
- Answers to many student questions can be found on DePaul Central website, where you can also chat live with a specialist between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. You may also visit DePaul Central in the Schmitt Academic Center, Suite 101 at the Lincoln Park campus or in the DePaul Center, 9th Floor at the Loop campus.