Students in Teacher Education Programs can submit an application to their academic advisor to request an endorsement evaluation. The COE can only evaluate transcripts for those programs or content areas that are offered in the COE. Any other programs or content areas will require an Illinois State Board of Education evaluation. A grade of C or better is required for all courses to apply toward endorsments.
Endorsements for teaching areas conducted by DePaul are valid only prior to applying for the teaching license. After earning the license, the individual needs to request a separate evaluation directly with ISBE who will independently review the record and whose results may differ from the DePaul evaluation. The DePaul evaluation is based on ISBE requirements at the time of the evaluation and is subject to change per ISBE's discretion.
A doctoral candidate may apply for ISBE Superintendent's Endorsement when the following conditions are met:
- Successful completion of all doctoral coursework, including the Educational Leadership concentration, core and research courses.
- Successful completion of A&S 899 Superintendent Internship and all the related clinical experiences.
- Completion of candidacy paper requirements
- Current holder of a valid ISBE Type 75 certificate
- Two years of documented administrative experience while holding the Type 75 general administrative certificate.
- Successful pass score on the ISBE Superintendent's exam