Students in Teacher Education Programs can submit an application to their academic advisor to request an endorsement evaluation. The COE can only evaluate transcripts for those programs or content areas that are offered in the COE. Any other programs or content areas will require an Illinois State Board of Education evaluation.
A doctoral candidate may apply for ISBE Superintendent's Endorsement when the following conditions are met:
- Successful completion of all doctoral coursework, including the Educational Leadership concentration, core and research courses.
- Successful completion of A&S 899 Superintendent Internship and all the related clinical experiences.
- Completion of candidacy paper requirements
- Current holder of a valid ISBE Type 75 certificate
- Two years of documented administrative experience while holding the Type 75 general administrative certificate.
- Successful pass score on the ISBE Superintendent's exam