To be eligible for the Early Childhood Bilingual/ESL endorsement program, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university as well as a valid professional educator license that includes an early childhood endorsement.
To apply, please submit the following items to The Office of Graduate Admission:
- A completed application
- Application fee ($40)
- One official transcript from all colleges and/or universities attended
- A copy of a valid professional educator license
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Statement of purpose indicating professional development goals and related experience (750 words)
28 quarter hours, grade of C or better required in all courses :
Individuals seeking a bilingual endorsement must complete the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Target Language Proficiency (TLP) test in the non-English language.
Individuals who are simultaneously enrolled in the Early Childhood Graduate Education Program may apply for their endorsement as part of the degree award process. Those who are not part of the program must submit an application directly to the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) upon successful completion of the required coursework and licensure tests. All individuals must meet ISBE requirements at the time of application. Requirements are subject to change per the discretion of ISBE.