The MS in Economics and Policy Analysis gives students a distinguished and marketable set of skills. Students learn how to conduct statistical and econometric research grounded in sound economic models using data from multiple sources on different issues. In addition, students will be able to explain their results and recommendations not only to economists, but also to politicians, business leaders and the general public.
Through this challenging program, students will
- Develop a Master’s level knowledge of applied economic theory.
- Learn the economic and political functions of government and how the two functions interact with each other in the public sector.
- Learn to conduct econometric research -- collect, interpret, manipulate, and analyze policy-related data.
- Develop writing skills to communicate research findings to a variety of audiences including business professionals, economists, policy makers, and the public at large.
- Have the opportunity to apply for research fellowships that offer students hands-on experience in a policy making or corporate environment and help students to develop extensive career networks.
The program prepares students for careers in the private sector, in consulting, in governmental relations departments, in federal and state governmental agencies, in trade associations and lobbying firms, or in the not-for-profit sector.