The Master of Science in Economics and Policy Analysis program focuses on economic theory as it applies to real-world business and policy, econometric skills and the ability to analyze data to propose policies and solutions.
The program is designed for the student who has earned a bachelor’s degree, or who has earned or is earning an MBA.
Through the MS in Economics and Policy Analysis program, you will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Applied economic theory.
- Demonstrating research findings through written analyses for audiences that include business professionals, economists, policymakers and the public.
- Conducting econometric research.
- The relationship between economics and politics.
Research and Fellowship Opportunities
The curriculum includes a heavy emphasis on research. You will work closely with a faculty member on research projects, enhancing your research, writing and presentation skills. Upon meeting certain requirements, you will also be eligible to participate in a research fellowship, allowing you to work full-time for 12 to 16 weeks. You may complete the fellowship in Chicago or spend your time in another city, such as Washington D.C.
This degree prepares students to pursue careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Governmental relations
- Federal and state governmental agency work
- Trade association and lobbying work
- Nonprofit agency work
Recent program alumni are employed in a wide variety of government, financial and corporate institutions.