DePaul’s MBA concentration in Health Sector Management will position you to take advantage of the growing demand for health sector leaders, which has been fueled by dynamic changes in health care delivery today. Whether you are seeking to advance your career within a health organization or transition to health sector management, the multidisciplinary curriculum will provide you with a solid foundation to succeed through a combination of courses in management and other business disciplines, public services and law.
In this concentration, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of complex health sector markets.
- Analyze situations and data to gain strategic insights.
- Gain skills for leading strategies and projects that advance organizational goals.
- Connect with a faculty of scholars and practitioners and network with students, alumni and program partners from a wide variety of health sector organizations.
- Learn from hands-on team projects, internships and fellowships that tackle real-world health sector issues
This concentration puts students on the career track for positions that include hospital executive, managed care executive, healthcare agency director, physician practice manager and pharmaceutical sales director. Students and alumni of this program are employed in a wide variety of organizations, including Abbott, Baxter, Northwestern Hospital, Humana, the American Medical Association, the Joint Commission and University of Chicago Medicine, among others. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of medical and health services managers to grow by 23 percent by 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.