The Marketing MBA will help you sharpen your skills in four key areas: market research, category management, business development and digital marketing. You can specialize in one area or combine areas to further enhance your skill set. The program will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and develop programs and products that meet customer needs, and it will prepare you for assuming and successfully discharging managerial responsibilities in marketing or marketing-related positions.
In this program you can choose to focus on a variety of practical advanced marketing skills, including the ability to:
- Develop and conduct targeted market research, which will boost your interviewing and survey creation skills while you use advanced statistics to analyzing small data sets.
- Coordinate syndicated data from various sources and use it to develop marketing plans for your business or industry.
- Translate research data into real-world business decisions.
- Thoroughly understand category management and how it helps to make better purchasing and pricing decisions.
- Develop marketing plans that work in a multicultural market to support global new business development and expansion.
- Advance key skills in digital marketing and online consumer research.
The Marketing MBA concentration offers you a path to various positions within the expansive field of marketing, such as category marketing manager, account manager, digital marketing manager, director of research or senior research analyst. Students with this concentration have gone on to leadership roles at firms such as Leo Burnett, DDB Needham, Deloitte, Grainger, Walgreens and Wrigley, among many others.