The Introductory, Foundation, Advanced and Major Elective course selections are determined by the concentration chosen.
Introductory courses may be waived for any of the following conditions:
- The student has the appropriate course work to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student has appropriate and verified professional experience to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student passes a Graduate Assessment Examination (GAE) in the Introductory Course area.
Students must achieve an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the five Foundation Courses. Students who do not meet the Foundation Courses' GPA requirement must retake the course with the lowest grade. If a number of such courses exist, it is up to the student to choose which class to retake. Only the higher grade will count toward the average grade for the purpose of completing the GPA Requirement. Students who do not meet the GPA requirements, and do not want to re-take a class are encouraged to talk to their faculty advisor to discuss their options. To progress to the Advanced Courses of the degree, a student must complete the Introductory and Foundation Courses.
Students in this degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours in addition to any required introductory courses of the designated degree program.
- Complete all graduate courses and requirements listed in the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of B- or better in each introductory course of the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all courses beyond the introductory courses of the designated degree program.
- Achieve a GPA of 3.0 or better among the five foundation courses.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pursuing a second master's degree must complete a minimum of *52 graduate credit hours beyond their first designated degree program in addition to any required introductory courses in their second designated degree program.
*53 graduate credit hours required for MS Information Systems.
Students with a GPA of 3.9 or higher will graduate with distinction.