No Introductory course (a course numbered 400 through 419) may be substituted for any other course at any level.
Introductory courses may be waived for any of the following conditions:
- The student has the appropriate course work to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student has appropriate and verified professional experience to satisfy an Introductory Course.
- The student passes a Graduate Assessment Examination (GAE) in the Introductory Course area.
Students must achieve an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the five Foundation Courses. Students who do not meet the Foundation Courses' GPA requirement must retake the course with the lowest grade. If a number of such courses exist, it is up to the student to choose which class to retake. Only the higher grade will count toward the average grade for the purpose of completing the GPA Requirement.
Students who have not completed the Foundation Course and grade requirements can register for a maximum of 4 Advanced Courses.
Major Elective Courses
Students must complete 3 TDC courses from the range TDC 430 to TDC 599. A minimum of 2 courses must be 500-level.
CDM Open Elective Courses
Students must complete 2 CDM Open Elective Courses. Open Elective Courses are in the range of 421-699 ( excluding TDC 425) and must be from the College of CDM. Open Elective Courses must not have been otherwise used to satisfy degree requirements. Credit for courses taken outside of the school will only be given if approved by a faculty advisor. Any course required for the student's concentration but taken as part of the requirements of another degree earned by the student may be waived, but cannot be used for Open Elective credit.
Students in this degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours in addition to any required introductory courses of the designated degree program.
- Complete all graduate courses and requirements listed in the designated degree program.
- Earn an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the five Foundation Courses.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all courses outside of the foundation courses of the designated degree program.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pursuing a second master's degree must complete a minimum of *52 graduate credit hours beyond their first designated degree program in addition to any required introductory courses in their second designated degree program.
*53 graduate credit hours required for MS Information Systems.
Students with a GPA of 3.9 or higher will graduate with distinction.
For DePaul's policy on repeat graduate courses and a complete list of academic policies see the DePaul Graduate Handbook.