The Master of Science in Leadership and Policy Studies (LPS) emphasizes field-based learning in public service to develop effective leaders in nonprofit and government professions. Students will develop public policy and leadership skills in the community through the School of Public Service curriculum—every course in the degree program integrates field study. LPS stresses ethics, problem-solving and research skills, and the ability to implement public policy. Electives give students the option of comparing policy issues in other cities and internationally in SPS one-week intensive courses.
The MS in Leadership and Policy Studies may also be expanded to include select graduate certificate programs covering particular areas of interest. Students participating in a combined MS/certificate program should consult with their academic advisor to determine what coursework might count toward both programs. A separate application process for the certificate is required. Students who are interested in any of the following combination programs should contact the Graduate Student Services Office for additional information.
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Community Development Certificate
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Metro Planning and Development Certificate
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Global Health Certificate
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Public Health Certificate
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Social Research Certificate
- Leadership and Policy Studies + Women's and Gender Studies Certificate