For full admission, students must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Admission essay: this two-part essay describes why the student is considering the MALS program, how it fits into a process of personal and intellectual development, and what the student hopes to accomplish by enrolling in the program.
- A personal interview with the director or associate director of the MALS program may be required.
- Undergraduate transcripts GPA of 2.5 or higher. A GPA of 2.75 is required if the applicant has earned the undergraduate degree within the past five years.
- The programs may request letters of recommendation from previous graduate programs in which the applicants have been enrolled.