Students with a bachelor's degree in any field are eligible to apply to the M.A. in WRD program. Applications also require the following materials, submitted through the online application form at http://www.depaul.edu/admission-and-aid/types-of-admission/graduate-student/Pages/las.aspx
- A graduate application
- Official transcript(s) from all previous schools attended
- A 300-500 word personal statement, describing your objectives in the M.A. in WRD program and your plans for the future
- A current resume or CV
- 15 to 20 pages of your own written work and a paragraph providing context and describing how the samples represent your academic or professional writing, written communication skills, and fit within the program goals
- Two letters of recommendation
Students may apply at any time of the year; the program admits students in Autumn, Winter, and Spring Quarters. All application materials should be received eight weeks prior to the student's desired starting date.
TOEFL and IELTS
The M.A. in WRD welcomes international students to study in our program. The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences requires that students educated in a country where the native language is not recognized as English must submit proof of English proficiency. Students may demonstrate proficiency in one of the following ways:
- An official TOEFL score report: the minimum TOEFL requirements are: 96 (Internet version), 243 (computer version), or 590 (paper version)
- An official IELTS score report: 7.5 or higher
Please have your TOEFL or IELTS score report sent to DePaul from the testing agency (institution code: 1165).