The M.A. in Health Communication prepares students to apply knowledge of communication in health care settings. Critical and theoretical courses in organizational and multicultural communication, as well as highly applied courses in communication training and developmen are available to those pursuing this degree.
Graduates of the program will:
- Recognize health care disparities
- Understand the social and multicultural dimension of health care delivery
- Understand the linkage between effective communication and the quality of care that patients receive
- Enhance health literacy across diverse audiences
- Design and deliver health communication campaigns that provide knowledge to individuals hoping to understand contemporary health care issues
- Implement and evaluate health service delivery programs