To declare a major in Accountancy Honors, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Admission into the Strobel Honors Program
- Completion of 28.0 hours at DePaul University
- The following courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher: ACC 101, ACC 102, BLW 201, ECO 105, ECO 106, MAT 135, MAT 136, and MAT 137
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.500
- A minimum Accountancy (ACC) grade point average of 2.000
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Accountancy (ACC) course or course used toward the Accountancy major
- Completion of ACC 303 and ACC 304 with minimum grades of C-
In addition to ACC 101 and ACC 102, a student majoring in Accountancy Honors is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 42.0 hours:
Students majoring in accounting (primary or secondary) are allowed to substitute ACC 370 in place of BLW 201.
Strobel Course Sections
The courses listed above (excluding ACC 250 and ACC 370) must be taken as honors sections by students in the Strobel program. Strobel students take specially designated sections of all ACC classes, including ACC 101 and ACC 102.
Strobel Honors students will face dismissal from the honors track if they receive a D or F in an honors accounting class or less than a B- in three honors accounting classes. This standard is designed to ensure that the academic excellence that the designation engenders is maintained.
Strobel Honors students who are also accepted into the Finance Honors Program are not required to take ACC 307 or ACC 309.
Open elective credit (4.0 hours) is needed to meet the minimum graduation requirement of 192 hours.
All Accountancy (ACC) courses and any courses used toward the Accountancy major must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.