Available to students outside the Driehaus College of Business, the minor in Economics allows a student to learn the foundations of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory, along with the theoretical, quantitative and analytical skills necessary to understand business and policy issues.
To declare a minor in Economics, a non-Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Economics grade point average of 2.000
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Economics (ECO) course
- Completion of a pre-calculus course as a prerequisite to the first course in Economics
A non-Driehaus student minoring in Economics is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 24.0 hours:
- Two required courses:
- Four elective courses to be chosen from:
ECO 101 cannot be counted toward a major or minor in economics.
ECO 395 Capstone Seminar in Economics may not be used as an Economics Elective.
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Economics (ECO) courses and any other courses used toward the Economics minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.