Students in the Driehaus College of Business who wish to round out their courses of study with a deeper understanding of financial management, investment banking, financial markets and investment strategy, may choose to minor in Finance.
To declare a minor in Finance, a Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.700
- A minimum Finance grade point average of 2.700
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any FIN course or course used toward the Finance minor
- Completion of FIN 310 with a minimum grade of B-
In addition to FIN 310 and FIN 320, a Driehaus student minoring in Finance is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 18.0 hours:
- Three required courses:
- Two elective (8 hours) courses to be chosen from:
The Department of Finance enforces all course prerequisites; exceptions will not be made.
Note: FIN 394 and FIN 395 are 2.0 credit hour courses. Students must complete 4.0 credit hours of either the FIN 394 or FIN 395 sequences in order to earn Finance Elective credit. Two hour FIN 398 courses will not satisfy Finance Electives.
FIN 380 is a capstone course. It is recommended that students take this course after the completion of all required finance courses.
All Finance (FIN) courses and any other courses used toward the Finance minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.