Available to students outside the Driehaus College of Business, a minor in Finance provides a student with a basic foundation in financial management, along with an understanding of financial markets, analysis, and investments.
To declare a minor in Finance, a non-Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.700
- A minimum Finance grade point average of 2.700
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Finance (FIN) course or course used toward the Finance minor
- Completion of FIN 310 with a minimum grade of B-
A non-Driehaus student minoring in Finance is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 26.0 hours:
- Five required courses:
- Two elective courses to be chosen from:
The Department of Finance enforces all course prerequisites; exceptions will not be made.
FIN 380 is a capstone course. It is recommended that students take this course after the completion of all required finance courses.
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Finance (FIN) courses and any other courses used toward the Finance minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.