To declare a major in Hospitality Leadership, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 28.0 hours at DePaul University
- The following courses must be completed with a grade of C- or higher: ACC 101, ACC 102, ECO 105, ECO 106, HSP 100, HSP 201, MAT 135, MAT 136, and MAT 137
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Hospitality Leadership grade point average of 2.000
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Hospitality Leadership (HSP) course or course used toward the Hospitality Leadership major
A student majoring in Hospitality Leadership is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 42.0 hours plus 8.0 hours to be shared with the Business Core and 4.0 hours to be shared with the Liberal Studies Program (54.0 hours total):
- Three required courses to be taken Pass/Fail and for 0 hours:
- One required course to be taken for 4.0 hours:
- Six required courses to be taken for 2.0 hours each:
- Two required courses to be taken in Business Core for 4.0 hours each:
Two required courses to be taken Pass/Fail and for 1.0 hour each:
- Two required courses to be taken in Liberal Studies Requirements for Junior Year Experiential Learning and for 2.0 hours each:
- One Hospitality Leadership Concentration for 12.0 hours
- One Hospitality Leadership Specialization for 12.0 hours
Hospitality Leadership majors must take ICS 396 for the Business Capstone; use of ICS 396 is limited to Hospitality Leadership majors. A student majoring in Hospitality Leadership and a second business major must complete both ICS 396 and either ICS 394 or ICS 395.
Hospitality Leadership majors must take HSP 207 for the Business Law requirement; use of HSP 207 is limited to Hospitality Leadership majors. A student majoring in Hospitality Leadership and a second business major must complete both HSP 207 and BLW 201.
Hospitality Leadership majors must complete HSP 303 and HSP 304. The completed sequence satisfies the requirement for Experiential Learning in the Liberal Studies Program.
Open elective credit (4.0 hours) is needed to meet the minimum graduation requirement of 192 hours.
All Hospitality Leadership (HSP) courses and any other courses used toward the major must be completed with a minimum grade of C- (or PA where specified) and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.