The focus of this minor is to give students in the Driehaus College of Business broad exposure to the scale and scope of the hospitality industry, and to enable students to explore one major sector, such as lodging, event management, food & beverage, or private club management, in some depth.
To declare a minor in Hospitality Leadership, a Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Hospitality Leadership grade point average of 2.000
- No grades of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Hospitality Leadership (HSP) course
- Completion of HSP 100 or HSP 201 with a minimum grade of C- in each
A Driehaus student minoring in Hospitality Leadership is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 16.0 hours:
- Three required courses for 8.0 hours:
- One required course specific to the chosen Hospitality Leadership concentration for 4.0 hours:
- One or more elective courses to be chosen from the Hospitality Leadership concentration selected above for at least 4.0 hours, or the combination of any of the following for a total of 4.0 hours: HSP 203 (2.0 hours), HSP 204 (2.0 hours), HSP 206 (2.0 hours), HSP 250 (2.0 hours), HSP 301 (1.0 hour), HSP 302 (1.0 hour), HSP 303 (2.0 hours), or HSP 304 (2.0 hours).
To review what courses may be used for the concentration-specific elective, students should refer to the Concentration Requirements section of the Hospitality Leadership major. A listing of approved courses is available for each of the four concentrations that may be selected for this minor (Private Club Management, Food & Beverage Management, Lodging Management, Event Management).
All Hospitality Leadership (HSP) courses and any other courses used toward the Hospitality Leadership minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- (or PA where specified) and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.