To declare a major in Real Estate, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 28.0 hours at DePaul University
- The following courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher: ACC 101, ACC 102, BLW 201, ECO 105, ECO 106, MAT 135, MAT 136, and MAT 137
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Real Estate grade point average of 2.000
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Real Estate (RE) course or course used toward the Real Estate major
- Completion of RE 350 with a minimum grade of C-
A student majoring in Real Estate is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 28.0 hours:
- Four required courses:
- Three elective courses to be chosen from:
Courses with variable topics (such as HSP 398 or PPS 359) must be approved for use in the Real Estate major by the Department of Real Estate.
The department enforces all course prerequisites, without exception.
Students are encouraged to seek an internship with a Chicago-area business during the summer preceding either their junior or senior year, but the Real Estate major does not offer or accept a for-credit internship course.
Open elective credit (18.0 hours) is needed to meet the minimum graduation requirement of 192 hours.
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Real Estate (RE) courses and any courses used toward the Real Estate major must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.