Available to students in the Driehaus College of Business and non-business programs at DePaul, a minor in Real Estate provides students with a general understanding of the real estate business and in-depth exploration of a specific topic in real estate, such as law, policy, valuation, investment, or finance.
To declare a minor in Real Estate, a student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Real Estate grade point average of 2.000
- No grade of IN, R, M or lower than C- in any Real Estate (RE) course or course used toward the Real Estate minor
- Completion of RE 350 with a minimum grade of C-
A student minoring in Real Estate is required to complete Real Estate courses totaling at least 16.0 hours:
- One required course:
- Three elective courses to be chosen from:
The department enforces all course prerequisites, without exception.
Students are encouraged to seek an internship with a Chicago-area business during the summer preceding either their junior or senior year, but the Real Estate minor does not offer or accept a for-credit internship course.
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Real Estate (RE) courses and any courses used toward the Real Estate minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.