The B.S. in Interactive and Social Media degree prepares students for the expanding fields of social media and interaction design. The base program integrates technical and creative disciplines such as human-computer interaction, information technology and graphic design. Concepts and skills involve web development languages, interactive scripting, human-centered design and social computing.
A major in Interactive and Social Media prepares students to do the following:
- Develop well-designed web pages, sites, and interactive applications
- Implement strategies incorporating social media
- Design, code and create content for casual games
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interactive web sites
- Employ information design principles to express ideas and concepts
- Create prototypes for interactive displays
- Consider user needs for designing technologies that support social interactions
The ISM program provides a design concentration and a development concentration. Both concentrations build upon foundational coursework in social media and interaction design.
|Liberal Studies Requirements
|Major and Concentration Requirements