The Department of Women's and Gender Studies provides students with a strong educational foundation for life-long learning. It nurtures students' abilities to think critically and to examine social and cultural circumstances that too often remain unquestioned. The curriculum also emphasizes the development of strong written & oral communication skills.
A thirteen-course major is offered, consisting of a six-course common core, four courses in one concentration, and three electives.
As a Women’s and Gender Studies major, you will take courses such as:
- Women and Film
- Women in the Middle East
- Feminist Theories
- Gender and Education
- Deconstructing the Diva
- Gender, Community, & Activism: Community-Based Learning in WGS
- Growing Up Female in the U.S.
- Growing up Latino/Latina in the United States
- Gender Violence and Resistance
- Women and Politics
- Women and the Law
- Female Identities: Young Adult Literature
|Liberal Studies Requirements