- You must complete all of the application screens in order to submit the application.
- You may save an unfinished application to complete at a later date. Click the "Save to Finish Later" button on any screen.
- Important: Remember to save your password. You will need it to retrieve your application if you save it to finish later.
- If you spend more than 60 minutes on one screen, the system will
"time out." This means your information will not be saved. To avoid
losing your information, be sure to click to the next or previous page
within the 60-minute time limit. You will always be able to go back and
forth among application screens to complete your answers.
- Within 24 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email from DePaul.
Admission Deadlines And Requirements
We recommend that you apply at least eight weeks before the start of our terms (September, January, April, June).
The application fee is $80 if paid online or by personal check or
money order. The non-refundable fee is required, and cannot be applied
toward future tuition costs. Please make checks payable to “DePaul
University” and send them to the address below. If you write a check, be
sure to put your full name on the check. You should send in your
application fee at the same time you submit the application online.
Students needing I-20s for F-1 Visas
A) Applicants using private (personal/self) support -
plan to pay for your education yourself or with private funds, you or
your financial sponsor must complete the Financial Affidavit of support
and Transfer Release Form (for F1 visa holders currently attending
another U.S. institution) can be found on the Student Visas
section of the site.
The bank document must:
- Appear on bank letterhead and be official and original (faxes and photocopies are not permitted)
- Show the name of the sponsor
- Show a date which is within three months of the date of the application
- Be translated into English
- Show a US dollar amount of at least $6,600, plus $3,600 for each dependent (spouse or child)
B) Applicants using institutional or government support - If
your program of study will be paid for by an institution, foundation,
or government agency, it is not necessary to complete the Financial
Affidavit. Instead, your financial sponsor must submit, in English, an
official letter of support. The letter from your financial sponsor must
state the amount of money available to be paid on your behalf for your
academic and living expenses. The letter must also name DePaul and the
English Language Academy as the recipient of these academic fees. The
letter should specify that the sponsorship includes English language
study. Send the original, not a copy, of your sponsor’s letter with your
other support documents.
Your original financial documents should be sent to:
English Language Academy
25 E. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: (312) 362-6455
Copy of Passport
All students must submit a copy of the photo and identification page of their passport. This may be scanned to our office at email@example.com
If you have dependents (husband/wife or children) who will come
with you with F-2 visas, we need the following information: These
documents may be scanned to our office firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the photo and identification page of their passport
- An official document, in English, which shows the marriage relationship between the applicant and spouse
- Transfer students should submit copies of the I-20s of their F-2 dependents
Transferring Your I-20 Form
If you are currently in F-1 visa status and attending another
school, college, university of English language program in the US and
are admitted to DePaul, you must receive a new DePaul I-20 form. Please
submit the financial documents and copy of your passport as outlined
above, along with a copy of your current I-20 form, and the completed Transfer Release form
from the ELA website.
Evidence of Immigration Status
(For non-F1/J1 students) If you are on a type of visa other than
F-1 or J-1, or if you are a permanent resident of the US, please submit a
copy of the current visa page and I-94 card in your passport, or a copy
of your Alien Registration card (front and back) as verification of
your current status.
DePaul University is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
A copy of DePaul University's Safety & Security Information
Report and Fire Safety Report is available upon request. The report
includes statistics about crimes that occurred on campus and public
property immediately adjacent to campus. The report includes
institutional policies concerning campus security, sexual assault and
other matters. It also includes fire statistics, fire safety practices
and standards of the institution. A copy of this report can be obtained
by contacting the Crime Prevention Office at (773) 325-7775 or by
visiting the DePaul Public Safety website.