Our Community College Partnerships office helps facilitate the transfer process for students interested in transferring to DePaul from a Chicagoland community college.
View our list of community college partners
DePaul Partnership Program (DAPP)
The DePaul Admission Partnership Program (DAPP) is a transfer preparation program designed for students beginning their college education at a community college. It is a great way to make sure that you are taking the right courses for your degree by mapping out a path to your selected major.
By participating, you'll be able to:
- Plan ahead. Map out courses at your community college and DePaul for a smooth transfer process.
- Pay lower tuition rates. Take advantage of the lower tuition rates at your community college for up to two years (66 semester hours).
- Work with our admission counselors now. Receive guidance, meet them on your community college campus and attend special events.
- Earn two degrees. Earn an associate degree from your community college and a bachelor's degree from DePaul.
- Attend special events and workshops.
- Early access to customized visits.
Make your campus visit your own. Observe a class, speak with current DePaul students, tour our campuses and meet with different departments.
- Meet the required admission deadline:
- Planning to enroll at DePaul for Summer or Fall Quarter 2018? You must be approved for DAPP by January 1, 2018.
- Planning to enroll at DePaul for Winter or Spring Quarter 2019? You must be approved for DAPP by September 1, 2018.
How to Join DAPP
To join DAPP, you must be enrolled at a partner community college, and currently have completed less than 30 semester/45 quarter hours of credit. To be considered for participation:
- Complete the DAPP participation form.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a DePaul University transfer counselor at the Loop Campus or at your local community college within a month of submitting the DAPP form.
- Confirm that you meet the DAPP participation requirements at your scheduled appointment.
Upcoming DAPP Events
If you haven't signed up for our DAPP program yet, join us at one of our upcoming events to learn more about DAPP.
Schedule a Customized Visit
Request a Customized Visit once you’ve been approved for or are a member of DAPP!
We need two weeks’ notice to plan your special visit, so please be sure to fill out our form as soon as you start planning. You can select options like:
- Observing a class
- Meeting with a faculty member
- Enjoying meal with a current student
- Meeting with a representative of the Career Center, the Office of Academic Advising Support and the Office of Financial Aid
Due to the nature of these visits, they are offered only during active weeks of classes. Please review the calendar and the request form
for more details.
As a DAPP student, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment at your community college, taking at least two courses per term (except for summer).
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Submit transcripts at the end of each term. Bring unofficial transcripts to your regular appointments with your DePaul counselor. (A final official transcript must be submitted at the time of transfer.)
- Enroll at DePaul within three years of initial participation in DAPP.
- Be in good standing at your community college and at the time of admission to DePaul.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I be a DAPP participant?
You must transfer within three years for degree requirements to remain the same. Students are encouraged to complete the associate degree prior to transferring and may transfer up to 66 semester hours of credit.
Contact us at (312) 362-8300 or email us at email@example.com.