The Pathways Honors Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated College of Science and Health pre-professional students interested in pursuing a health career. Students who are
part of the Pathways Honors Program will enter as a cohort during their
first-year at DePaul. One of the primary features of the Pathways Honors Program is the Early Opportunity Program.
Early Opportunity Program: Offers eligible Pathways Honors students the opportunity for an early admission decision into one of six professional programs at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU): medicine, pharmacy, podiatry, physician assistant, pathologists' assistant, and physical therapy. The Early Opportunity Program will result in early acceptance for qualified Pathways Honors applicants into one of these abovementioned RFU professional programs. Students may apply at the end of their freshman, sophomore or junior year at DePaul. Students may matriculate at RFU as early as at the end of either their third year (3+ Accelerated Degree Program) or fourth year (4+ Traditional Degree Program) at DePaul.
Pathways Honors students with a major in health sciences also have an opportunity
to apply to a selective School of Nursing 3+2 Master's Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP) nursing program.
Pathways Honors students will receive the same benefits as any other Pre-Health Program
students at DePaul, but they will also have an opportunity to:
To remain in the Pathways Honors Program, students must meet the following two criteria. Students, who do not meet both criteria, will be dismissed from the program.
- Retain a primary major in the College of Science and Health.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Students who are not in the Pathways Honors Program as new first-year students may apply to Pathways Honors via the mid-year application.Mid-year Applicant Transfer Students
Transfer students are NOT eligible to pursue a 3+ accelerated program. To be eligible for acceptance into Pathways Honors as a transfer student, the applicant must meet the following requirements at the time of submitting the application.
Mid-year Applicant Current DePaul Students Who Did Not Transfer:
- Earned at least 32 quarter hours in residence at DePaul University with a maximum of 80 total earned quarter hours between DePaul and the transfer institution(s).
- Completed a minimum of 3 science courses with labs at DePaul. Eligible courses include: general chemistry, general biology, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, general or university physics, genetics, cell biology, microbiology, or any 300-level biology, chemistry, or physics course.
- Earned at least a DePaul cumulative GPA of 3.2.
- Earned at least a 3.2 cumulative transfer GPA.
- Earned at least a B- in all science courses (see #2) at both DePaul and at the transfer institution(s).
- Demonstrated a standard of professional and ethical behavior suitable for a future health professional.
- Submitted a 500 word statement on why the applicant is interested in Pathways Honors and what intraprofessional healthcare means to them.
A current DePaul student in the first year or autumn quarter of the second year may apply as a mid-year Pathways Honors program participant. Students who apply mid-year will receive the same benefits as incoming first-year students. Competitive mid-year applicants must:
- Have fewer than 60 quarters hours earned
- Have entered DePaul as a traditional first-year student (cannot be a transfer, Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program, or non-degree seeking student)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 after spring quarter grades post
- Earn at least a B- in each general biology and general chemistry course including labs
- Be on track to complete the general biology and general chemistry sequence by the end of the quarter in which the students applies
The Pathways Honors Program is separate from the University Honors Program
, but some students might be part of both programs.