To be eligible for the Early Childhood Bilingual endorsement program, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university as well as a valid Professional Educator License (PEL) that includes an early childhood endorsement.
To apply, please submit the following items to The Office of Graduate Admission:
- A completed application
- Application fee ($40)
- One official transcript from all colleges and/or universities attended
- A copy of a valid professional educator license
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Statement of purpose indicating professional development goals and related experience (750 words)
32 quarter hours, grade of B or better required in all courses :
Individuals seeking a bilingual endorsement must complete the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Target Language Proficiency (TLP) test in the non-English language.
All individuals must notify their advisor upon completion of the required coursework and licensure tests for DePaul to submit entitlement notification to the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). Application for the endorsement may require an additional application fee if the individual already holds a Professional Educator License (PEL). All individuals must meet ISBE requirements at the time of application. Requirements are subject to change per the discretion of ISBE.