Students must have successfully completed all of the general and specific degree requirements as listed in departmental or program sections of the catalog under which they were admitted. Completed degree requirements include passing the comprehensive examination and the submission of a final project, such as research paper, composition, or recital. Students need to achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.500 to graduate.

The University confers degrees at the end of the quarters, in November, March, June, or August; commencement ceremonies occur only in June.  A student may participate in the June commencement ceremony if s/he completes the requirements in the winter or spring quarters preceding the ceremony, or the fall quarter of the following academic year.  An application for degree completion must be filed online by the appropriate deadline.

In addition to submitting a graduation application, all graduating students must meet with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs for a pre-graduation check.  Failure to do so may jeopardize the granting of a student's degree.  Students will be listed in the commencement book based upon their applications—degrees will not be conferred until all requirements are complete.

At the conclusion of their last quarter, a review of the students' transcripts takes place; upon successful completion of the degree requirements, students' names are released to the Office of the University Registrar with the appropriate honors designations.  An additional review takes place to ensure that all financial obligations have been met.  Once complete, transcripts with the degree posted are available through the Office of the University Registrar, and diplomas are mailed to students.  To receive a diploma, it is essential that students update their addresses in Campus Connection.  The distribution of diplomas or release of final transcripts will be withheld if money is owed to the University.

Graduation with Distinction

Graduation with distinction is awarded for students who earn 3.75 GPA or above.