The Accountancy MBA concentration provides you with coursework that is critical to decision-making in the accounting profession. The program includes theory and concepts, technical knowledge, practical skills and familiarization with the tools and methodologies used by an accountant or a manager making accounting decisions. You will develop skills in critical thinking, problem-solving and financial management. You will gain business acumen to understand financial transactions within a company. The curriculum covers all of the accounting course areas to prepare you to sit for the CPA exam.
You will graduate with a set of varied competencies, all of which are highly sought after in the accounting field. The structure of the concentration will provide you with:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering all important sectors of the field identified by top-ranking members of the auditing and accounting profession, including big data analysis, internal audit, fraud and forensic accounting and information systems.
- Opportunities to work with audit systems used by accounting professionals.
- Experience learning from nationally and internationally recognized faculty.
- Access to a large and active alumni group called Ledger & Quill, which supports students with scholarship opportunities, mentorship and annual networking events.
- Several accounting-related student organizations, allowing for interaction with peers, alumni and working professionals.