The Master of Science in Enterprise Risk
Management degree provides students with the skills necessary to identify
and manage the strategic, operational, cyber and financial risks facing firms
today. This program is designed for experienced managers who seek to take
on greater responsibilities in risk management, and for senior managers,
corporate board members, C-suite executives and others with risk oversight
responsibility. Graduates of the program emerge well-equipped for
strategic planning roles that require proactive decisions to manage risks and
protect the value of the enterprise for stakeholders.
This multidisciplinary program incorporates required courses and electives from DePaul’s management, finance and real estate programs, School of Accountancy, Center for Strategy, Execution and Valuation and College of Computing and Digital Media. This rich curriculum will allow you to tailor your program to your career goals.
In the program, you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Define and manage various exposures that constitute the overall risk faced by a firm or enterprise.
- Organize, model and quantify the exposures and risks faced by your organization.
- Understand how insurance can be employed to avoid risk and protect your organization, and how the insurance market is structured and regulated.
- Calculate the effects of risks and exposures on the value of the firm or enterprise.
- Analyze how corporate governance structures relate to risk management processes.
DePaul’s Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management is a Department of Homeland Security STEM-designated program. STEM designation is granted to programs that produce graduates educated in science, technology, engineering and/or math who help support U.S. economic competitiveness and growth. International students who earn degrees from STEM-designated programs can qualify to extend their post-graduation stay in the United States for Optional Practical Training
(OPT). OPT provides an opportunity for international students to develop their careers while also helping meet the demand for STEM-educated professionals in the U.S. workforce. To find out more, contact the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 362-8810.
| Total hours required
|| 48 hours|