Designed for students who do not have an undergraduate accounting degree, the Master of Science (MS) in Accountancy will provide you with an advanced degree that covers important topics relevant in the industry, as well as a solid business foundation. You will take courses in:
- Accounting and financial theory
- Audit and regulation
- Information systems
- Tax treatment
While earning your degree, you also will fulfill the requirements needed to sit for the CPA exam. The MS in Accountancy program is designed for the student who has earned a bachelor’s degree, or who has earned or is earning an MBA.
Through the MS in Accountancy program, you will have access to:
- Nationally and internationally known faculty members who have worked as internal auditors, team managers, chief financial officers, controllers and partners in accounting firms.
- Opportunities to work with leading accounting firms and international companies.
- Chicago’s vibrant financial district, located just blocks from DePaul.
- DePaul’s alumni network—one of the largest accounting and tax networks in Chicago
The MS in Accountancy program is offered downtown at DePaul’s Loop Campus or online. The Master of Science in Accountancy-Online offers the same high-quality instruction, outstanding faculty and content-rich curriculum as its on-campus counterpart, but with increased flexibility. Students may take some or all of their classes online to complete this degree.
Graduates achieve some of the highest internship and job placement opportunities in the industry. Many have gone on the work at major accounting firms. Over 90 percent of students in the program are working in the industry at the time of graduation.