No course labeled as Introductory (a course numbered 400 through 419) in any other program may be substituted for any other course at any level.
Major Elective Courses
Student takes 5 electives. No more than three electives may be from Kellstadt. At least two electives overall must be at the 500-level. Students are permitted to take any course numbered 421-599 prefixed CNS***, CSC***, ECT***, HCI***, IS***, IT***, or TDC*** and the Kellstadt courses included below, for which the students meet prerequisite requirements. Students are advised, but not required to select all or most electives from one of the following clusters. Students who do not find a cluster matching their career goals should consult with their faculty advisor or an IS faculty member to develop a customized plan.
IT Project Management
Information Security Compliance
*Kellstadt course - contact advisor to register.
Students in this degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours in the designated degree program.
- Complete all graduate courses and requirements listed in the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all courses of the designated degree program.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pursuing a second (or more) graduate degree may not double count or retake any couse that applied toward the completion of a prior graduate degree. If a required course in the second degree was already completed and applied toward a previous degree, the student must meet with a faculty advisor to discuss a new coures to be completed and substituted in the new degree. This rule also applies to cross-listed courses, which are considered to be the same course but offered under different subjects.
- Students pursuing a second master's degree must complete a minimum of *52 graduate credit hours beyond their first designated degree program in addition to any required introductory courses in their second designated degree program.
*53 graduate credit hours required for MS Information Systems.
Students with a GPA of 3.9 or higher will graduate with distinction.
For DePaul's policy on repeat graduate courses and a complete list of academic policies see the DePaul Graduate Handbook.