- All workshops, except for ENG 490 and ENG 491, are reserved for graduate students in the Department of English
- Choose five courses from the following list:
Studies in Language and Style
- Choose one course from the following list:
Electives in Language, Literature, Publishing and Teaching
- Choose two from the following list:
- Choose four courses from the following list:
- ENG 500 INDEPENDENT STUDY
- ENG 501 THESIS RESEARCH
- ENG 509 INTERNSHIP
- Any graduate-level courses in writing, literature, criticism, publishing and teaching offered by the English department (except ENG 471)
- Up to two graduate level courses offered by the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse Department.
- Courses from other programs may be substituted only with approval of program director. Note: No more than two courses from outside of the English Department may count toward Open Electives.